Why Choose a NAID AAA Certified Shredding Company?
It’s true! Of the 61 shredding companies operating in Georgia, only 32 have satisfied the stringent security requirements necessary to achieve a “AAA Certified” rating, by the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID).
NAID is the Watchdog of the Shredding Industry
NAID is a non-profit association dedicated to the advancement, professionalism, and high ethical standards of the information destruction industry. They act as an independent auditor, checking a shredding company’s compliance in 28 critical areas, including everything from shred size to employee background checks.
Here are just a few of the critical items that NAID verifies during their on-going audits:
- Pre-employment and random criminal background checks on all employees
- Pre-employment and random drug screening for all employees
- Certified proof that shredded output is unreadable
- $2,000,000 general liability insurance
- Driver and helpers wear a company uniform, and display picture ID badges
- Comprehensive written security policies and procedures
- Owners and officers have a third party background check on file
- All employees sign a Confidentiality, and Non-Disclosure Agreement
Why is a AAA Certified Rating So Important?
Why is the AAA Certified rating so important? Because it’s the only way for you to verify that a shredding company has complied with industry security standards. Shredding companies that refuse to submit to audits from a third party watchdog organization (like NAID) are asking you to trust them to regulate themselves. And that’s simply not good enough.
River Mill Data Management Awarded AAA Certified Rating By The National Association for Information Destruction
River Mill is proud to be part of an elite group of shredding companies that have been awarded the highest security rating, AAA Certified, by the National Association for Information Destruction. Click on the NAID AAA Certified logo to verify our standing.
Warning! Some shredding companies will claim to be AAA Certified, just to get your business. Because they know that most people won’t bother to check up on them. Be sure to visit their website and look for the AAA NAID Certification logo. It’s the only way to determine if the shredding company you choose is providing the highest level of document security.